Lincoln Injury Blog

What are third-party claims in construction site injuries?

Nebraska area residents understand how important safety is on the job. Many of these safety regulations are established by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). But when an accident occurs on a construction site, it is often serious. Sometimes these accidents may be caused by a third party, in which the victim may be able to hold them accountable.

A third-party claim for construction site personal injury cases may exist in addition to the workers' compensation claims an injured worker may have. A third-party claim is a lawsuit brought against a third party, not the injured person's employer. The third party is usually partially or fully at fault for the accident occurring. Examples may include operating heavy machinery that had a faulty part. The heavy machinery manufacturing company may be held liable. Or if a construction worker is hit by a driver while on the job, they may be able to hold the driver accountable for their negligence.

A personal injury attorney can assist their client with their workers' compensation and third-party personal injury claims. An attorney can investigate the circumstances surrounding the accident and help determine what happened and who was at fault. They can assist clients in seeking compensation for the injuries they have suffered. Compensation may be sought for medical expenses, pain and suffering and other damages.

When a person is hurt in a construction site injury they may be facing many questions. When will they be able to go back to work? How will they support their family in the meantime? A legal professional understands what an injured employee is going through and can assist in the pursuit for monetary compensation to help the victim through this hard time.

Source: FindLaw, "How to file a construction injury claim," accessed Nov. 6, 2017

Protecting injured workers, accident victims and their families in Lincoln, Nebraska and across the U.S.

Contact Our Firm Today

Schedule a meeting with Mr. Linscott by calling 402-477-4357 or by filling out the form below.

Initial consultations are free and representation is handled on a contingency basis.